Friday, September 25, 2015

Junaid e Baghdad by Dr Ali Hasan Abdul Qadir

Mamba-e-Israar, Sultan-e-Tariqat, Hazrat Shaikh Junaid Baghdadi (RA), was born in Baghdaad in 218 Hijri, in the initial phase of his life was a wrestler under the employment of the king.

Such was his renown that people would challenge him for large sums of money and he would wrestle in front of large audiences with the king looking on. On one such occasion, a very feeble looking man asked the king that he would like to challenge the imperial wrestler.

The king was initially reluctant to accept the man’s offer for he felt that the man would pose no challenge to Shaykh Junayd. However after a while the king accepted and the bout began.

Both wrestlers began to warm up with the huge crowd waiting in anticipation. Just before the match started the challenger said to Shaykh Junayd that: ‘I want to say something to you. You and I both know that I cannot beat you.

The reason for my challenging you is that I am a Sayidd (descendent of the Prophet Mohammad sallahu alayhi wasallam). I and my family have been struck with poverty and we have not eaten for many days. Such are things that we cannot bear the hunger anymore. I beseech you to respect my lineage and let me win this match so that I may get the reward and be able to feed my family.

Shaykh Junayd respected him because of the love of Prophet Mohammad (peach be upon him). He gave up and lost the battle purposely.  From that point of his life he became the Wali Allah and the world know him as a saint and peer e kamil.

This book was writen by famous Arabic Scholar Dr. Ali Hasan Abdul Qadir and translated into Urdu by Mohammad Kazim.

Read this book online or download  

No comments:

Post a Comment